Thursday, May 1, 2014

Rosemary Chicken and Grilled Quinoa Salad



Oh my grill, I just can't seem to get enough of it.  Can you blame a girl?  I mean everything tastes better grilled. While my coals were heating up, I de-skinned some chicken thighs and sprinkled them with some sea salt and tossed them in olive oil.  Then I added sprigs of rosemary and fresh cracked pepper.  I covered the thighs with aluminum foil and baked in the oven at 375 until done.  Which I guess was around 25 minutes.  But check with a thermometer to be sure.
After popping the chicken into the oven my coals were now hot.  Next, I grilled up some vegetables in a stir-fry type grilling basket.  I used some yellow summer squash and red peppers. Their firmness makes them a good choice for grilling because they won't fall apart. 

Vegetables grilling
While those vegetables were grilling I cooked some diced onions in a pan with some olive oil and sea salt until lightly browned.  I also cooked up some quinoa. 





Once the quinoa was cooked I let it cool in the fridge.  My veggies were grilled by then so I took them off the BBQ and chopped them into bite sized pieces.  The color combination really made for a vibrant salad. 
Grilled summer squash and red pepper
Then I prepared my dressing.
Dressing ingredients:
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar or another light colored vinegar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Add spices and vinegar.  Mix until salt is dissolved.  Whisk in oil, until blended.  Ready.


Add the cooked onions and grilled vegetables to the cooked quinoa.  Fold in everything until it is combined. Drizzle with mixed dressing.  You may not use all of the dressing so add what you like.  Toss until  quinoa is well coated. 


Serve with baked rosemary chicken thighs and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in Chiro Kitchen.